RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Monday, August 5, 2013

As go the sand states

My house sold this weekend. The offer was about 5% higher than I--in my more optimistic moments--had thought the place could conceivably fetch, let alone would actually bring. 

It's not all jubilation, though. It requires that I cover all closing costs, home insurance for a year, and that I leave my major appliances in the house for the buyers to use. The owners-to-be have a common Hispanic surname (that ends in a "z") and are receiving a loan from the USDA. (Yes, apparently the department of agriculture is in the business of making home loans, it's news to me as well. This looks like a portal for the sort of loan my buyers are receiving.) 

What's the required down payment for their loan, you ask? Why, zilch, of course--as in they're receiving 100% financing and putting zero percent down. My humble abode is no mcmansion, but we're talking about Kansas here. It's right smack in the middle for houses in this state. 

Clearly my buyers, presumably meat packers, fruit pickers, or laborers in some other agricultural capacity, don't have a penny to their names, but why should that stop them from living as well as--or, more likely, better than--I have been living? It's the American Dream, after all. I'm a sucker for not realizing how much more pleasant it is to build at sea level and live on the beach than it is to construct something way up in the mountains, without a mortgage even. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội